Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

I usually don't read contemporary chick-lit-type books, but I actually thought this would be a nice little change after reading dramatic books for awhile. It seemed like was going crazy for this book and Stephanie Perkin's newest book, Lola and the Boy Next Door so I was curious about it. Luckily, I received both of them for my birthday.

I found the story of an average American teenage girl being shipped off against her will to a prestigious French boarding school to be a little cliche. In fact, a lot of it seemed like that.

There was possibly one thing in the whole book that surprised me, but everything else I seemed to have guessed early on.

But oddly enough, that's one of the reasons why I enjoyed this so much. New girl falls in love with all around hottest guy in school who so happens to have an English accent (bonus!) and taken (drama!). 

Though even with it's cliches, I never found it corny. I let myself enjoy the writing style Perkins has which reads so fluidly with charismatic characters like our title character and St. Clair.

Definitely not a book I would go swooning over, but overall a cute and honest story of girl meets boy in the most romantic city in the world.

Rating: ★★★★ 4/5 stars

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

LoveOfBooks said...

I've seen this book around so much, but I didn't think I'd be interested in it. But lately, I've kind of been in the mood for something like this. Maybe I'll give it a try soon.

Wendy Darling said...

I didn't expect to like this as much as I did, either--but it's super cute! Glad you enjoyed. :)

Just a Lil Lost said...

Great review! Yeah, I think that's why I gave it 4/5 stars too.. good fun read, but cliche..

I figured, it wasn't on your wishlist, but EVERYBODY loved it so much.. I was like you.. curiosity was piqued ;)

Post a Comment