Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Book Review: Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day


In Ben Loory's debut collection of short stories, he has enabled the imagination to run free without limits.
The stories often start off as simple as "The octopus is spooning sugar into his tea when there is a knock on the door."- if that can be considered "simple", are blended seamlessly into a new reality.  Bedtime stories for adults is how I would describe it.

Tales that would make you want to know what happened next would usually make me cry "foul!", but giving some pause afterwards I found them to be quite enjoyable and sometimes thought provoking.

Although most of the stories I found to be quite beautiful, there were a lot that I didn't give a second thought to. Overall a delight to read and a good reminder that the world of fiction is only limited by what you can imagine.

Rating: ★★★★ 4/5

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment