Powered by Blogger.
RSS

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. It’s a way to share the books I’ve gotten during the week and to receive comments from fellow readers…
Who knows, maybe one of my books will be your next read! 
 
I’m always looking for more books, so please leave your IMM link in your comment!
 
Happy Reading! :)
 
Wow. I'm actually really surprised that for the 3rd week in a row I only got 2 books! But this week I have a good excuse- my birthday is coming up (the 13th) and I've been holding out on getting books since I'll probably be getting money or gift cards to go towards future purchases. Nice.


Title: Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon

It's finally out! I've been waiting for this for awhile and even after a long day of work and being exhausted with things still left to do at home, I still managed to go to get a copy. Plus the author was giving away signed bookplates to anyone who sent her a picture of you with the book! So naturally I had do it! Got an email from her today saying it'll be sent out next week!
Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins

YAY! My first birthday gift from my friend, Michele! It seems this book has been everywhere! I actually didn't notice Lola had purple highlights- like me!... well I did before it started to wash away...
Anyway... I can't wait to start it! Thanks again, Michele!:)
OH! And this is the first book that has actually been in my mailbox since I started doing this meme! LOL!
Lastly, I just wanted to mention that on Wednesday I went to a reading at a library which featured (the link goes to the book they read) Anne Heltzel, Jocelyn Davies, Leila Sales, Kody Keplinger, Michelle Hodkin, Anna Godbersen and Cecily von Ziegesar, with David Levithan as host! Very cool. After hearing them I went home to add some of them to my TBR list! always helps to hear/read a bit of it before making a definite decision.

When the reading was over, I went to get my copy of Mara Dyer signed:)

It was a pleasure meeting her and she also gave me 4 bookmarks!
What was in your mailbox?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

26 comments:

Tara said...

YOU WENT TO A READING WITH LEILA SALES? I'm trying very, very hard not to be super jealous. She is HILARIOUS. Also, yay Lola!! Hope you enjoy your new books! Happy early birthday :)

Here's what I received in my mailbox this week :)

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

I got Carrier of the Mark this week, too, and I can't wait to get around to it soon. The cover is so, so gorgeous. AND LOLA!!!! One day I will stop squeeing over these perfect books Steph Perins wrote...today is not that day. LOVELOVELOVE.

Also very jealous of your author event and getting to meet Michelle Hodkin. She seems so lovely and Mara Dyer was amazing.

Happy early birthday and enjoy your reads! :)

Giselle said...

Carrier of the Mark sounds great and the reviews have been really good I can't wait to get a copy myself. Great haul! I love signed books!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

The Book Faerie said...

Great IMM! You got two amazing books and I hope you enjoy them :)
Happy reading

Check out my IMM: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Sara said...

I want to read Carrier of the Mark so badly!

The Name of the Star was great. I might be posting a review of it soon. Not sure yet! (:

Thanks for following me!!! (:

Emily H said...

The library event you went to sounds so amazing! What an exciting time to hear all those great authors read/speak. I'm terribly jealous. ;)

And Carrier of the Mark is one of those books I'm really excited for too. I can't wait to see what you think!

My IMM is over here if you'd like to stop by. Enjoy your new books and happy birthday!

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

That author event sounds so amazing- so many fab authors there (jealous!). Cool that you got Mara Dyer signed, I'm dying to read that book!
I love the look of Carrier of the Mark and Lola too. Great books. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read Carrier of the Mark; I've heard ton of great things. Awesome that you got your book signed and I'm psyched to start Mara Dyer. Hope you enjoy your books!
Happy Reading!

sarah darlington said...

Great books you got! I want to read them all!

Anonymous said...

All awesome books. It's great that you got to meet Michelle Hodkin. Big fan here. Happy reading.

Hannah @ Dragons and Whimsy said...

That's awesome! I wish our libraries did reading events like that, would definitely be very cool.

Once Upon A Time

Anonymous said...

LOLA! I got it last week, reading it now. SOOOOO AMAZING! Hope you love it too!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Both books are on my wish list. I have a copy of the Mara Dyer book, I'm hoping to read it soon.

Rebecca said...

WOW!sounds like you had a great book week:)I hope you enjoy all your reading.

Unknown said...

Yay for Mara Dyer! That's on the top of my wishlist. Those bookmarks look really pretty as well. Enjoy!

My IMM

Tristyn said...

Wow you scored this week!!! I wish I was able to get a signed book from Michelle Hodkin.

LoveOfBooks said...

Carrier of the Mark is one I really want to read.

Marina said...

At least the two books are highly coveted (by most). Thanks for following and thanks for visiting my IMM.

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

Oh I want Lola to be in my mailbox soon too ;)
So jealous you got to meet Michelle Hodkin and get your book signed! I lOVED Mara Dyer.
Enjoy your books! Happy Early Birthday!!!
Thanks for stopping by my IMM :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

This sounds like so much fun! I'm meeting Michelle Hodkin tomorrow :) SO EXCITED! I also really want Lola haha, I just got Anna so I'll have to read her first ;)

Hayley said...

I didn't like Carrier of the mark at all, but I hope you have better luck with it then I did! :) I really want Lola!!

My IMM, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-8.html

Marybeth said...

You have Lola, I am jealous! I loved ANNA and cannot wait to read the next book!

A.L. Davroe said...

Just started following! Excited to rad more of your posts!
-A.L. Davroe
http://www.aldavroe.com/

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Carrier of the Mark and Lola are two great books! I hope you enjoy reading them! How awesome was that signing you want to??? :)

Justin941 said...

I'm so jealous of the signed copy of Mara, lol. That is so awesome. :D And I can't wait to read Lola after I get the chance to read Anna.

Novels On The Run said...

Great IMM. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Carrier of The Mark. Lola, everybody is reading except me, sounds like I should:D

Michelle

Post a Comment