Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Shelf Candy Saturday



Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm Book Reviews to showcase that book cover you can't get enough of!

This is my first time doing this meme and like a lot of people, I do judge a book by it's cover. Hey, first impressions are very important! Since there's so many covers that caught my eye recently, I'm going with one of my favorites of the year so far whose cover was really my incentive for getting it...



Title: Wither
Author: Lauren DeStafano
Design:
Lizzy Bromley
Photograph:
Ali Smith

I absolutely was drawn to the cover and it tells the story so well- a sad beautiful young girl, married, a bird in a cage, time is running out and experiments. One hardly has to read the summery to figure this one out.

The jacket has an overall matte finish, but glossy where it's circled. The text/design also has a shine to it.

I always love it when the design is repeated throughout the book- although usually it's just the font that's repeated, but this one's font and design was replicated within the book (and I know this is suppose to be just about the cover, I had to share)...

The publication page follows the same design. Love it. Very unique.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great choice. The cover design for Wither is pure art as far as I'm concerned. I love the details like the gloss finish over just the circled photos and I love the model that they used because it looks more high fashion. Thanks for including the inside design. Welcome to Shelf Candy!

Unknown said...

I haven't read Wither yet, but that's very cool. I can't wait to get it now. Also, I recently read an e-galley of Tankborn by Karen Sandler and the cover has these bubbles which were repeated randomly around the page at the start of every chapter.

Michele//Just a Lil Lost said...

Oh, very cool! I saw that book at the store today but didn't notice all the intricate detail! Great one to feature :)

Post a Comment