What a great topic!:)
Top Ten Childhood Favorites
1. Fear Street series by R. L. Stein -- I LOVED these books! I think I may have read most of them
2. Choose Your Own Adventure books -- Oh the fun of getting to choose your own fate... multiple times!
3. Encyclopedia Brown series by Donald J. Sobol -- My brother would read me these since he liked to try to solve the mystery too:P
4. Archie comics -- My sister was really into these and I naturally just started reading them too. I think I still may have some Double Digests...
5. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson -- This is the first memory of loving a book. I remember I borrowed it from the library and refused to return it. I don't think I ever returned it, but I know I no longer have it... I must have donated it. Speaking of the library (and also because I'm feeling nostalgic), I still have my very first library card! My sister wrote my name for me since I think I was like 3yrs old:)
6. Corduroy by Don Freeman -- Another early childhood favorite! After this I believed toys were real.
7. Roald Dahl books -- How could you have not loved at least one of his books growing up? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, The Witches!
8. Where's Waldo books by Martin Handford -- Such a classic!
9. The Berenstain Bears books by Stan Berenstain -- I think it was just because it was a family of bears that did things just like humans! Haha
10. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein -- My first memory of this book is that it was long for a children's book, but also incredibly sweet.