Powered by Blogger.
RSS

In My Mailbox (18)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren.

Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Goodreads

I actually got this a couple of weeks ago, but forgot to add it to that week's IMM.

I just finished it and I loved it, though I can't write my reviews as fast as I seem to be going through my TBR list!


Title:
Everything You Need to Survive the Apocalypse
Author: Lucas Klauss
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary
Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Goodreads

I remember awhile ago there were a bunch of you that got this as an ARC, but don't can't recall reading any reviews on it. Still, I thought I'd add it to my DAC list.

Title: Harbinger
Author: Sara Wilson Etienne
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Goodreads
(publication date: February 2, 2012)

The DAC I've been really waiting for! The striking cover is what initially attracted me to it and it being dubbed a psychological thriller seems promising. Can't wait to start it!



Title: Tune in Tokyo: The Gaijin Diaries
Author: Tim Anderson
Genres: Non-Fiction, Cultural, Memoir
Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Goodreads

I've always liked this travel memoirs. I suppose it's because I've always wanted to travel and books like these bring you to those places with a real and raw experience that fiction tends to lack.



Title: Fringe Science: Parallel Universes, White Tulips, and Mad Scientists
Author: Kevin R. Grazier
Genres: Non-Fiction, Science
Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Goodreads

For the geek in me. Love the show and this book dives deeper into the theories and possibilities of which they encounter.




Title:
The Glass Castle
Author: Jeannette Walls
Genres: Non-Fiction, Memoir
Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Goodreads

I suggested this for my sister and I to read together. I've heard a lot of great things about it and so far I'm enjoying it.







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

11 comments:

Just a Lil Lost said...

LOL I totally picked up TFiOS too!
Heard Apocalypse is really good... and I had no idea Harbinger was a psychological thriller! I'm definitely more intrigued now... gonna have to get that too!

Michele | IMM | 2-book Giveaway

Novels On The Run said...

Great lot of books. I will HAVE to get my hands on a copy of The Fault In Our Stars. I know it's a tear jerker, so many blogs are raving about it. I love a great read:D

MIchelle

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohhh I've heard some interesting things about Harbinger!! It definitely looks like a good one! Hope you enjoy it :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration

LoveOfBooks said...

I haven't heard of the Apocalypse one, but I just added it to my to-read list. Sounds like an interesting book.

GatheringBooks said...

Hi Jenn! I've been seeing quite a number of mailboxes with John Green's newest book. I'm getting envious! :) I am also glad to see a number of nonfiction titles here in your mailbox - very rarely do I see that, so it's a refreshing change indeed. I am particularly taken with Tune In Tokyo - looks really interesting. Enjoy your books!

Here's our IMM over at GatheringBooks:
http://wp.me/pDlzr-2SQ

Kristina said...

I agree the cover to Harbringer is pretty cool


Happy reading
http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-43.html

Amy said...

Harbinger looks awesome! Im really looking forward to that one. I have heard TFiOS is awesome. Great books this week. Here's my IMM http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-12212.html

Marybeth said...

John Green must be good because I am seeing him just about everywhere. As well as Harbinger.

Anyways, awesome haul there. Hope you enjoy them!

-Marybeth P.

A Beautiful Madness said...

TFIOS was simply amazing! Hope you enjoy it too!
Happy Reading!
Em
My IMM post
A Beautiful Madness

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! Tune in Tokyo sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to look it up.
My IMM

Meghan @ Books and a Cup of Tea said...

Another TFIOS! Everyone's got it and I'm jealous! :P

Also, Harbinger looks very interesting and I love that cover! It's so unique :).

New follower!

Meghan at Books and a Cup of Tea

Post a Comment